Delivered in partnership with the Sinai Health System Reitman Centre.
Delivered by the Alzheimer Society Southwest Partners, the Enhancing Care (EC) Program offers therapeutic skills training to family or other unpaid care partners who are giving care to individuals living with dementia. The program provides practical skill-building and emotional support to help care partners deal with the stress and complexities of caregiving. The EC Program includes an online element and two small group sessions.
Coaching Advocacy Respite Education Relationship Simulation
- Focuses on practical skills and emotional supports needed to care for people with living with dementia
- Teaches problem solving techniques, a structured approach to address problems
- Coaches care partners in communication skills through the use of simulation
- Provides strategies for keeping a meaningful relationship with the person living with dementia
- Is an evidence-based program developed by the Reitman Centre, Sinai Health System in Toronto
CARERS Program runs for 8 weekly sessions, 2 hours per session, maximum 6 care partners in group and is free of charge to care partners of people living with dementia.
Training, Education, and Assistance for Caregiving at Home
- Focuses on common caregiving themes including:
- Healthcare System Navigation
- Relationship Changes
- Future planning
- Coaches care partners in practical communication and coping skills
- Provides opportunity to share and learn from other care partners
- TEACH program was developed by the Reitman Centre, Sinai Health System in Toronto
TEACH program runs for 4 weekly or bi-weekly sessions, 1.5 hours per session, maximum 8 care partners in group and is free of charge to care partners of people living with dementia.